Thursday, October 23, 2008

She looks for wool and flax....

My thoughts for today on Proverbs 31 are much more practical....
Specifically looking at verse 13, "She looks for wool and flax and works with her hands in delight" .... Well I have learned from investigation that this woman used wool and flax to make clothing and sheets and towels - everything you can imagine for her family. Clearly this was mostly done out of necessity. Wal-mart or Target was not around the corner for her to purchase high quality, low cost things for her family so she had to make things by hand! Today we have so many conveniences there is little need for us to do much by hand.....BUT God certainly put this verse in the Bible for us for a reason. So I began to pray and ask God how I could bless my family by making something (might I mention here that I am the LEAST crafty person in the world)... and He brought to mind something I have always wanted to learn.....
How to make hair bows for my girls! I know that may sound ridiculous to many but I love to have pretty hair bows in my girls hair - and they are very difficult to find here in Mexico and very expensive. So I went online, found a wonderful site with step by step instructions and I began making hair-bows! It has been so much fun to see Maddie light up with each new creation! And.... I have decided these would be great hand made Christmas gifts (which will save tons of money) for our friends with girls and Maddie's friends in school!
What could you make with your hands to bless your family or your home?

Here are a few of my creations....Amelia and Maddie with home-made bows in their hair!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

LOVE the hairbows. Now Claire wants some too... Can you send me the website? :-) I could make these as well to give as gifts to friends and family...