Friday, October 31, 2008

More Proverbs 31...

There is a verse in Proverbs 31 that continues to speak to me LOUDLY!
Verse 12 tells us.... she does him good and not evil all the days of her life. Hmmmm... it has amazed me how God has given this verse "feet" for me recently. I have had lots of opportunities to put it into practice. For example, last Friday our kids had a special celebration at school (for the day of the United Nations)... they sang and danced (photos below). Christian had an important meeting starting at 10:00 in the morning. The kids show started at noon. He said he would definitely be there, no problem at all. As he left home I began to pray for chances to do him good... and well you probably know where this is going. His meeting went really really long and he missed the show at school. He phoned me on my cell to tell me. At this moment I could have said something like, "Well I am not surprised. Glad your job is so important." or a million other unhelpful, ungood things. But I was prepared and a sweet response of "Please don't worry at all honey. I will take lots of pictures to show you at home." blessed him... and do you know what? It blessed me as well. The book of proverbs teaches "A kind word turns away wrath"- do you know that the wrath that is turned away isn't the other persons wrath (although people surely respond better to kindness) but it is YOUR wrath. When we speak kind words even when we are angry or disappointed it turns our wrath away! This wise decision to bless my husband by doing him good and not evil meant we all enjoyed a wonderful evening instead of feeling tension and anger!
God knows what He is talking about friends! His principles and lessons will never let us down or steer us wrong.
Look for ways to do your husband GOOD today!

Above, Maddie dances with her class (she wore traditional clothes from Mexico) and below, Joshua was dressed as little boy from Columbia.

No comments: