Sunday, March 30, 2008

To Me, From Me

Most of you know now that my mom passed away this past Tuesday, the 25th of March - a day that previously had no real significance to me but that will now forever be filled with meaning. It is the day my mom got to meet with Jesus face to face - the day she was freed from her earthly body that was breaking down and causing her pain - a day she entered into Heaven.
There is much I want to post about how Jesus is carrying me through this time - and with each passing day I imagine I will continue to share - but a few things stand out strongly. First, I received the news while we were on retreat with all of the pastors of our Mexican churches, our fellow missionaries and our church planting workers. When I got the call I was alone - I immediately left to find Christian and we returned to our room. The following two people who came to the room were dear friends, Alicia (our pastors wife - but more importantly me answer to prayer for a Mexican heart friend) and Robin - a dear sweet fellow missionary. They both prayed with me and cried with me and hugged on me and I felt such a peace - because I knew they understood. Both of these ladies are my same age and both have already lost a parent. How dear of Jesus to send me comforters that truly understood the depth of my anguish. Jesus cares about us so intimately.
I also grin as I read the blog entry I posted last week about God's suffering Grace - It is as if the Lord led me to write the post to myself - so that in these rough moments I can read it and remember all He wants to say to me. It should have been called, "To Me, from me" - Jesus goes before us - He prepares the way and He keeps His promises.
Thank you friends for your kindness and your prayers during this rough time. The daily calendar reading for March 25th, the day my mom passed away simply had the verse from 2 Corinthians 6:10 "sorrowful, yet always rejoicing" - This is the best way I can explain how I feel. I feel sorrowful yet I feel so incredibly aware of the greatness of God - the bigness of God, YES the GRACE of God that in my heart I am rejoicing as well!

No comments: