Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 11
Whatever you do....even mourn.... do it to the glory of God. Indeed that is my prayer right now that even as I mourn the death of my mom and as the reality of life without her sets in that I will conduct myself in a manner glorifying to Jesus. In my moments of deepest sadness I want to be a shining light for Jesus.... this is my prayer.
Just yesterday I was talking with a dear friend who is also going through a bit of a rough time - she is tired and not feeling well and battling with some work struggles. We prayed and we acknowledged that if we acted on our feelings right now we would act in a way that is not glorifying to God. We asked the Lord to strengthen us and give us the discipline to live in a way that glorified Him. In essence we asked Him to help us die to ourselves!
John 12:24 says that unless a grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains by itself alone, but if it dies it bears much fruit.
In every situation in life we have a choice - to choose God's way or not. If we choose to die our selfish ambition or to the longings of our flesh we have the promise that we will bear much fruit.
Please pray for me that I may glorify Jesus in the way I deal with and handle my sweet mothers death.
Sunday, April 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment