What a crazy month, or should I just say year, perhaps even years.....
But the past month has been really really intense..... we were preparing for our move back to the United States, packing up our home, beginning to say good-byes, and then the swine flu hit Mexico and well....why relive all of the stress? But we have now been here in Indiana for one week.... we have been staying in temporary housing (in a two bedroom apartment)....and we have had our friends Jonny and Julie and their baby Ben with us as well. So yes, count them that is 9 people in a two bedroom apartment....but I must say it has been very, very fun.
Our days have been filled with getting ready to move, buying necessary supplies (we had a toilet problem already (Ethan is so happy he can put toilet paper in the potty now instead of the waste basket like in Mexico) and well - a little too much paper and we had to go buy a plunger....
visiting with friends and family..... and catching our breath a bit.
The kids are doing great and we are excited to be moving into our home tomorrow.
We are praising God for His continuous provisions, His care, His tenderness as He gently guides us and loves on us. He has already blessed us with so many wonderful treats in our short week here.
One came last Sunday when Julie and I went to church. (The men were still in Mexico) We decided the night before to go to a church some dear friends of ours (Gary and Karyl Boring) attend. So Julie and I went and the first treat was that Gary and Karyl were working the nursery room that Amelia was in - she was thrilled to be with them (they visited us in Mexico just a few months ago) and I felt happy having her with people I know. Julie and I proceeded to sit in the church and when I looked to the side of us I saw some dear missionary friends of ours, the Millers. They served in Mexico with a different organization during the time we did. They also have four kids and we were all fast friends. They left Mexico to return to the states a year ago and they now live in Michigan. We have really missed them! So imagine my surprise to see them in this church sitting right next to us! They were only in town for the weekend as Joel ran the mini-marathon here in town! (It was their first time in the church!)
But what a fun, wonderful treat to see them and hug them.... God is so good!
So here we are catching our breath a little bit, preparing to move into our home, and enjoying the blessings of being reunited with loved ones.
Thank you for your prayers as we transition....we covet your prayers as we really miss our dear friends in Mexico.... and we are grieving leaving them.
Stay tuned for photos of our new house and move in soon!
Friday, May 08, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment