Friday, March 20, 2009

Slow going....

Have you noticed that my blog posts have been a bit slow lately? It is not because I have little say - but more so because I have been a bit overwhelmed and not sure how to type everything up.
This has been a few tough weeks for us. We have been counseling with several friends from our church who are dealing with adultery, we are faced with an unwed youth in the church being pregnant, we are grieving over our 16 year old friend who is still in jail unjustly...... the sin and heartbreak around us is intense and we have felt drained to say the least.
Additionally, this week marks the one year anniversary of my mom passing away and my heart has been heavy. How I long to call her and talk with her or hug her and share about the kids with her. I miss her - I miss her terribly and the sadness for me is great. We are rejoicing however that Papa Joe has come out to be with us this week - It is good for both of us to be together as we reminisce about mom and support each other through our sadness.
Through it all we are seeing the mighty hand of our Savior and we do not lose heart.....We claim the promise from 2 Corinthians "For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all."
Will you pray for our strength and endurance?
Papa with three of the grand kids....

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Just prayed for you! :)

kimberly sue said...

Definitely praying for you.
-kim anderson