Honestly, I am the biggest opponent of blogs that are not updated!- I mean really... and here two months have passed since I have updated mine. Well, I am back and ready to blog. Why the absence? The answer is that I have been so overwhelmed by all that God is teaching me, by the emotional journey of transitioning back to the states, and by the task of getting my family settled... that I have been unable to condense my thoughts into a blog post....
Here is a smattering of the things God has been teaching me:
* Did you know that God commands us to forgive? That when we pray the Lords prayer we say "Forgive us Lord in the same way we forgive others?" Yikes! Not sure I want to ask the Lord to forgive as I do.... See our ministry blog for more thoughts on this....
http://mackinnonministryblog.blogspot.com
*I am blessed to be studying in BSF this year - an in depth look at the book of John. One of the most impacting sessions for me so far focused on John the Baptist. How I long to be like Him - I want my only mission and aim and desire in life to be pointing people to the Messiah... to the one true God. He was so self-less - He did not care if anyone knew who he was or thought he was doing a great job - and the minute Jesus was revealed to him as the Messiah he encouraged his followers to leave him and to follow Jesus -
I am convicted... Do I point others to Jesus - Is my only aim that He be glorified?
* Trust - The process of moving back to the states and leaving dear friends in Mexico - and missing them, missing ministry there - it forces me to trust God more. When you can discern the voice of God and you follow His voice you can trust that you are safe and that you are right where He wants you... even if it doesn't "feel" like it.
I could go on and on -
and I will - check back in again soon - I have blog fever once more!
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment