Sunday, June 21, 2009
John and Kate....
Surprisingly many of the news headlines that I read online surround a family comprised of John, Kate and 8 children... This family is new to me as they skyrocketed into fame while we were in Mexico so I have really little exposure to them... and yet I ache for them, for the mess their marriage appears to have become. I just read this morning an article asking the reader, "How would you like to have your every word, action, discipline of your kids, interactions with your spouse, etc. be taped and recorded?" and the question reminded me of a something I have heard in the past. Every word that comes out of our mouths should be something that we would be completely happy to have printed on a billboard for all the word to see (that would curb our gossip or sharp angry words wouldn't it?) And we should strive to live as though there are TV cameras following us.... would we act the same? Because the reality is that God is watching the "show" of our lives and He is the only audience that matters. Is He pleased with our performance? And our children really are like little cameras, recording and processing our actions and our words- and perhaps most important of all - they are learning how to live and act and speak from what they observe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment