Monday, May 19, 2008

Does that make sense?

Just a few days ago I got an email from a dear friend asking for some materials that I had used to teach a Bible study several years ago. Her email was so beautiful as she shared her desire to grow in Jesus. Here is an excerpt:

"I'm feeling such a deep desire to go higher! I feel like I've been "stuck" at my current level for 2 years - I just want to know Jesus deeper and want to be so pleasing to Him in ALL areas of my life. I want Him to take everything from me and form a new person- I desperately want to be the wife, mom, daughter, friend, etc that He desires me to be. I'm tired of treading water and getting no where, I'm ready to start doing rather than thinking and dreaming. Does that make sense?"

What a beautiful hunger she has to grow closer to Jesus. I immediately thought of the psalm that speaks of the deer panting for water - that this is how we should thirst after God and His word! How is your personal devotional life dear friend? Are you hungry and excited to become the person God wants you to be? Are you investing time in building your relationship with Jesus?

Perhaps you should consider leading a summer Bible study in your neighborhood for a few months this summer. My experience has been that the person who facilitates often learns and grows the most!

1 comment:

Jeni Smith said...

Robin:

Thanks for encouraging me to go higher and know Jesus deeper. I'm stepping out of my comfort zone!